Followers

Saturday, 2 July 2016

Saturday Inspiration

Hiya its Christine here for your Saturday inspiration. For todays card I have used an image from the Flights of Fantasy CD from Crafter's Companion. This is where I actually first found Morgan's art,then just fell in love with her images. When a lot of people start card making they do not realize the importance of matting and layering your cards. When I design a card the first thing I think of are the colours I want to use; from there I choose the papers and then think how the image will fit in amongst them. I take my time to make sure I am happy with the layout. Don't be afraid to keep moving your things around on your card,or try new things. I like my image to be the main focus, but I use the papers to draw the eye to it. Finally the last aspect is to add the decoration, the placing of that is important too.What you aim for is movement in a card as well as balance of colours. I know a lot of the designers understand and those who have crafted for a long time do as well. And of course don't forget the inside too, a card is much nicer with an insert to match, The most important thing of course is to have fun.
See you next time :)xx

Morgan Fitzsimons, Crafters Companion Flight of Fantasy
You can visit Christine at 

And don't forget there is still time to enter our current challenge
Challenge #13 Use Patterned Papers by clicking  HERE

1 comment: